Friday, August 16, 2013

Monta Ellis was unhappy in Milwaukee

Monta Ellis,Milwaukee Bucks 
Monta Ellis said that he wasn't happy playing with the Milwaukee Bucks, and he's hoping a fresh start with the Mavericks will help his dipping efficiency numbers.

Ellis spoke about his experiences with the Bucks during his introductory press conference with the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday, and he believes his performance suffered due to his unhappiness in Milwaukee:

"When you're in a place where you're unhappy, it's very hard for you to perform to your best ability," said Ellis, the American Airlines Center lights twinkling off the oversized diamond studs in each ear. "So, I mean, with this new beginning, new fresh start, you know, better organization, you know, better teammates, they're going to make things a lot more better."

Ellis thinks the situation in Dallas will be good for him because he won't have as much scoring responsibility:

"I don't really have to shoot the ball as much on this team," Ellis said. "The previous team I been on, like I said once before, I had to do 60 percent of the work no matter what the situation is. I think with this team here, I don't have to do as much or take as many shots because sometimes they're going to stop me and Dirk is going to be open, Jose [Calderon], Devin [Harris], the list goes on and. So I don't think I have to do as much as I had to do in the previous years.

"So that's going to get me back to being efficient, that's going to get me back to being more consistent and it's going to get me back to playing Monta basketball."

No comments:

Post a Comment